VS Code Ksh Debug
A ksh debugger GUI frontend based on awesome
kshdb scripts (kshdb included in package).
This is a SIMPLE kshdb debugger frontend. Useful for learning ksh shell usage and writing simple scripts.
Useful hint: shellcheck extension does a great job with finding common script errors before debugging.
- Download and install newest
- Select Debug -> Add Configuration to add custom debug configuration (drop-down, path-input, etc...)
- Select Debug -> Start Debugging (F5) to start debugging
See https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/editor/debugging for general usage.
- Debugging auto-configuration via
- Simple debugging in hello world application
- Standard input handling via terminal
- Pause support while script is running
- Advanced "Watch" and "Debug console" usage
- Conditional breakpoints usage
For Windows users:
For macOS users:
- Read here if your mac has
93v- 2014-12-24 or later
Limitations and known problems
launch.json set to
external for interactive scripts (using stdin)
- Currently debugger stops at first command
$0 variable shows path to kshdb
- Korn shell sometimes crashes