What is it?
Alphabetically sorts the keys in selected JSON objects.
Please take care using this - I've tried to ensure it won't invalidate your JSON. But, as it has to parse > sort > stringify, there is a chance it'll lose something. It should be fine for plain JSON.
- Install via VSCode extensions install
- Select a JSON object (note, it uses full lines so ensure the selected lines are a valid JSON object)
- Run the extension (Cmd+Shift+P => Sort JSON)
- 1.13.0: Sortable by key length.
- 1.12.0: Improvements to JSONC comment detecion - thanks 'reporter123'.
- 1.11.0: Tries to use normal JSON outputter for some known JSON issues.
- 1.10.1: Removes (simple) comment lines from JSON before sorting.
- 1.9.2: Now sorts the whole file if there is no selected text.
- 1.9.0: Now sorts selected JSON text, even if that is embedded in a JSON object - note, doesn't preserve indents.
- 1.8.0: Sorts objects within arrays.
- You can override the sort order (note: this applies to all levels and overrides reverse sort too). Add this to your preferences (settings.json):
"sortJSON.orderOverride": ["name", "version", "description"]
- You can underride the sort order (note: this applies to all levels and underrides reverse sort too). Add this to your preferences (settings.json):
"sortJSON.orderUnderride": ["dependencies", "devDependencies"]