This is a VS Code extension that adds shortcuts for common operations for C# projects.
This extension effectively acts as a wrapper around the dotnet CLI, offering a visual way to perform common operations, like adding project references, managing NuGet packages, and more.
This is meant to be a simple extension, with a small set of features to make it easier to work with C# projects.
Note: This extension is still in preview. Please report any issues you find.
This extension requires the dotnet CLI to be installed.
This extensions adds the following shortcuts to the contextual menu for .csproj files:
- Add project references: visually add or remove references to other projects
- Manage NuGet packages: manage the installed NuGet packages, or search and install new ones
- Manage user secrets : initialize and open the secrets.json file to manage user secrets
- Build project: build the project
- Clean project: clean the project
- Rebuild project: rebuild the project
- Run project: runs the project without debugging
This extensions adds the following shortcuts to the contextual menu for .sln files:
- Add existing projects to a solution: visually add or remove projects from a solution
- Build solution: build the solution
- Clean solution: clean the solution
- Rebuild solution: rebuild the solution
This extension contributes the following settings:
csharp-shortcuts.searchPrereleasePackages: enables searching for prerelease packages in the NuGet package manager
- Not showing error messages when a file is not found.
- Can only search public packages from NuGet.org.
- Removed commands from command palette.
- Reduced the size of the extension.
- Removed the Run project command.
- Run commands as child processes instead of using the terminal.
- Added command to run project.
- Added commands to build solutions and projects.
- Create an empty user secrets file if it doesn't exist.
- Added a progress bar when initializing user secrets.
- Fixed an issue when reading project paths from a solution file on Linux and MacOS.
- Added command to manage user secrets.
- Added option to manage package references.
- Added option to add existing projects to a solution.
Contributions are welcome! Please open an issue or a pull request.