VS Code SQL Notebook
NOTE: This is a fork of cmoog/vscode-sql-notebook, just with some extended features for personal use. See Extended Features for details. Please use this extension with caution.
Open SQL files in the VS Code Notebook interface. Execute query blocks
and view output interactively.
- Open any
.sql file as a Notebook.
- Execute query blocks in the Notebook UI and view output.
- Configure database connections in the SQL Notebook side-panel.
- Supports MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, and MSSQL (OracleDB support coming soon).
- (unstable) Built-in typed auto-complete with an embedded language server.
- Display SQL output in monospace font, so that explain strings can have a nicer look.
.slt.part files. For SLT files, currently you can only run SQL queries extracted from SLT syntax, rather than doing fully-functioned SQL Logic Test.
.sql file with the
Open With menu option. Then, select the
SQL Notebook format. Configure database connections in the SQL Notebook side-panel.
If the file is stored as a regular
.sql file, how are cell boundaries detected?
Cell boundaries are inferred from the presence of two consecutive empty lines.
Note: this can pose issues with certain code formatting tools. You will need to
configure them to respect consecutive newlines.