NextBASIC VSCode Syntax
ZX Spectrum NextBASIC syntax highlighting for Visual Studio Code.
Video: how to setup your NextBASIC dev workflow
This video installation walk through is shown on a Mac but is the same process for Windows and Linux: Watch on YouTube
- Supports 2.08+ NextBASIC syntax
- Import and export binary NextBASIC files
- Full NextBASIC syntax, including new
; comment support
- Jump to definition for
GO TO and
- Symbol lookup (for
- Renumbering for whole doc, selected lines or line swap
- Simple syntax validator
- Indentation support
- ctrl/cmd+enter will insert a new line with line number pre-populated
- Format on edit and format full document
- Collapse DEFPROC
- Help on hover
- Export to .bas as +3DOS format or .tap
- Support directives:
#program str and custom
#define key=value (and replaces
#key instances in BASIC)
Important Windows users ensure you use the hdfmonkey build from uto.speccy.org (link above) - it's built without cygwin as a dependency.
nextbasic configuration in VS Code, which requires the location of cspect.exe (yes, even on a Mac) and the Next img file.
Video explanation coming soon.
Note that using
NextBASIC: run with cspect will overwrite your
autoexec.bas file on the cspect image.
Credit to Rob Uttley for solving the autoexec and
Credit to @kounch for their superb original work on vscode_zx (cspect, ZEsarUX and zxbasic - BASIC to asm support)
Original syntax based specifically on the work by jsanjose - and modified to specifically support NextBASIC.