Angular/Karma Test Explorer for Visual Studio Code
Angular/Karma Test Explorer extension allows you to run or debug your Angular or Karma tests with the
Test Explorer UI extension on Visual Studio Code.
- See all angular tests in the side bar without running them.
- Reload tests manually by the reload button in the UI.
- Run all tests together, run set of tests, run single test and see results in the UI.
- Shows a failed test's log when the test is selected in the explorer.
- Block during test execution.
- Debug tests (Please read the special notes about this feature).
- Cancel current run (Please read the special notes about this feature).
- Supports Angular CLI projects.
- Supports standalone karma (specify "Karma" as projectType).
- Supports non CLI Angular projects (specify "Angular" as projectType).
- Supports multi-root workspaces(only one angular app per workspace).
- Adds CodeLenses to your test files for starting and debugging tests.
- Adds Gutter decorations to your test files showing the tests' state.
- Adds line decorations to the source line where a test failed.
- Loads values from user karma.conf.js (some get removed to make the explorer work correctly).
- Detects configuration changes and reload tests automatically.
- Allows configuration for different type of workflows: Angular project path, project type, karma.conf path, default project name for multiple projects inside one root.
- Forwards the console output from Karma to a VS Code output channel(Test Explorer Logs).
How to use it?
- Detect file changes(workspace, new test definitions) and reload tests automatically.
- Lets you choose test suites or individual tests in the explorer that should be run automatically after each file change.
- Support Ionic projects.
- Support multiple angular apps per workspace.
What about bugs and fixes?
- If something goes wrong you will see error logs on vscode
Test Explorer Logs output channel.
- If you find a bug or think that a feature is missing and is not in the backlog please report it using the appropiate github issue template.
- If you wanna help out please read the contribution guidelines for this project.
- If you have any urgent question you might wanna check our Gitter Channel for a direct chat with me or other people using the extension.