This is the README for VsCode extension
By using this extension you can automate your daily Build and GotoErrorLine development cycles.
- Continuously Build your code.
- Interactively Jump to source code lines with Errors/Warnings.
- Language agnostic. A user supplied script builds your code.
- Flexible. Different conditions may trigger a rebuild. (Currenty when ever a file is saved)
- Interactive. Build errors/warnings are sequentially presented to the the user.
- Time Saving. When an error/warning is presented the editor jumps to source code line, highlights it and a Error/Warning MessageBox describes it.
- Fast. After fixing an error/warning just click
Next to move on.
- Clever. A build cycle may interrupted by a newer one. (partial developed)
- Self Activated. When your project contains a top level
Just add a
.next/build.cmd shell script containing the commands that build your code.
Also add a top level
_next.json file for extension's proper self activation.
You may create these files by vscode menu
View > Command Palette.. and entering
nextError at the prompt.
This action also activates the extension.
Tip: Currently only
gcc style error lines are supported.
Extension has been tested only under Linux gcc.
Tip: There is a
demo folder containing a sample
gcc project for demonstration on Linux.
Tip: You can directly play with extension's code locally.
(Don't forget to reopen vscode)
Internals (How it works)
When ever you save a file the extension executes your custom build script and starts parsing it's output (
stderr in exact).
if an output line matches an error/warning line pattern source code location and textual information are extracted.
Uppon script's completion the collected information are sequentially presented to the user.
For each build error/warning the editor switches to the corresponding source code location, highlights it and a MessageBox describes the problem.
The user may fix this error or just move to the next one by closing the MessageBox.
160923 Fixed typos
160920 Fixed self activation isssue
160919 Initial release of nexterr