| __ ) __ _ _ __ _ __ ___ _ __
| _ \ / _` | '_ \| '_ \ / _ \ '__|
| |_) | (_| | | | | | | | __/ |
|____/ \__,_|_| |_|_| |_|\___|_| _
/ ___|___ _ __ ___ _ __ ___ ___ _ __ | |_ ___
| | / _ \| '_ ` _ \| '_ ` _ \ / _ \ '_ \| __/ __|
| |__| (_) | | | | | | | | | | | __/ | | | |_\__ \
\____\___/|_| |_| |_|_| |_| |_|\___|_| |_|\__|___/
Select one or more lines of text you want to turn into a banner heading. Open the VS Code command palette with Ctrl-Shift-P or Cmd-Shift-P, and then use the following commands.
Normal use: use 3 heading levels consistently
"Set <h1|h2|h3> font": Choose figlet fonts to use for 3 heading levels: h1, h2 and h3. You might try Univers, Standard and Mini.
"Apply <h1|h2|h3> font": Text is transformed into one of 3 fonts you have chosen for heading levels h1, h2 and h3.
Special use: select fonts individually
You can select from the full list of figlet fonts.
Or you can make a short list of favorites and select from that.
"Add to favorites"
"Apply from favorites"
NOTE: Also supports multi-line selections:
This extension contributes the following settings:
banner-comments.h1: "<figlet font name>"
banner-comments.h2: "<figlet font name>"
banner-comments.h3: "<figlet font name>"
banner-comments.favorites: [ <figlet font name>, ... ]
banner-comments.figlet.horizontalLayout: "<default | full | fitted | controlled smushing | universal smushing>"
banner-comments.figlet.verticalLayout: "<default | full | fitted | controlled smushing | universal smushing>"
- Added support for Cypress test files: .spec.js
- Added support for ES6 modules: .mjs
Forked from version by Daniel-Junior Dube and IMFUZZ
- Fixed the package.json so the extension keeps working on newer vscode engines
- Code refactoring/simplification
- Apply from list: Opens the list of all available figlet fonts and applies the selected one.
- Add/Remove to favorites: Choose a font to add to/remove from the list of favorite fonts.
- Apply from favorites: Opens the list of favorite fonts and applies the selected one.
- Fixed indentation issues where only the first line was indented correctly.
- Converted apply and set font to "apply h* font" and "set h* font" with h1, h2 and h3.
- Code cleaned and removed unused dependencies.
- Now detects and uses the file's comment tags to wrap the banner text! (Uses the blockComment to wrap the text or puts lineComments in front of each line)
- Auto-trims whitespaces from the end of each line of the banner.
Initial release of the 'Banner comments' extension.