Focus on the content that matters, hide everything else with glob based file explorer filtering.
- Enable/disable workspace file filtering based on glob patterns
- Define multiple sets (zones) of glob patterns to easily switch between
- Save and restore the default file exclusion rules in the workspace
1. Create a config file
peeq.json file in your workspace root. This file defines the glob pattern sets (zones) for file filtering.
"dev": [ "src/**" ],
2. Enable PEEQ
Enable file filtering by calling
peeq.setZone and select a zone
3. Cycle through zones
PEEQ will show the currently active zone on the status bar, which can be clicked to cycle through zones:
Any methods that change the state of the extension (
nextZone) will refresh and apply the new exclusion rules according to the current config.
"PEEQ: Enable File Explorer Filtering"
Enable file explorer filtering for the current workspace. The
peeq.json config file will be loaded and parsed if available for user defined zones containing glob patterns.
"PEEQ: Disable File Explorer Filtering"
Disable file explorer filtering for the current workspace. The config and exclusion rules will not be reloaded.
"PEEQ: Save Default File Exclusion Rules"
Save the current exclusion rules as the default, to be used as the
disabled state of PEEQ.
"PEEQ: Set Active Zone"
List zones and select a zone to activate. Config file and exclusion rules will be reloaded.
"PEEQ: Cycle To Next Zone"
Cycle to the next zone, or disable PEEQ if the end of zones is reached. Config file and exclusion rules will be reloaded.
- The glob patterns only match files and directories in the workspace root. Nested directories are not supported.
- The extension does not watch the config file for changes. Use
enable to refresh.
If you have suggestions or issues, please open an issue on the GitHub repository.