Auto-generate the table of contents to VS Code's built-in markdown preview.
- Auto-generates the table of contents
- Supports to customize heading levels
- Supports to customize title header
- Supports Azure DevOps Wiki style table of contents token
- Supports to slugify exactly the same as VS Code's markdown for the anchor of the table of contents
To install this extension go to
View->Extensions and search for
markdown-auto-gen-toc. Next click Install.
[[TOC]] syntax where ever you want to insert the table of contents.
Table of contributed settings (prefix "markdownAutoTOC."):
|Heading levels to include in the generated table of contents
|The HTML class to apply to the container
<div/> for the table of contents
|Optional HTML string to display above the table of contents
|Regex pattern of the token to generate the table of contents
"(TOC|_TOC_)" for Azure DevOps Wiki style)
Important: Any changes made don't take effect until the VS Code window is reloaded or restarted, because the configuration settings could applied when the extension is activated.
If you find any problems using this extension or you want to propose new features to it, feel free to open an issue on Github.
Detailed Release Notes are available here or above Changelog tab.
Icon made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com