Open Law Codify
Open Law Codify allows users of VS Code to edit and validate XML files representing American laws and legal codes.
- Auto-format XML documents: Format XML document with a single "Format Document" command (Alt+Shift+f).
- Check LIMS (Legislative Information Management System): The ability to pull remote metadata into a given XML document, provided a valid bill number (if supported by the repository).
- Insert Snippets: Predefined, custom XML snippets to speed the codification process (Ctrl+Shift+i).
- Find Cites: Highlight all of the possible cites in a legal XML file (if supported by the repository).
- Highlight Previous Cite: Jump to the previous highlighted cite (if supported by the repository).
- Highlight Next Cite: Jump to the next highlighted cite (if supported by the repository).
- Replace Cite: Replace the current selection (or current highlight) with a
<code-cite>...</code-cite> tag (if supported by the repository).
- Validate XML: Automatically check the XML document against the OLL schema and ensure that it is valid. This takes place in the background with errors showing up in the "Problems" output.
- 64-bit Python 3.6.* or greater. Python must be installed on the machine.