Typst LSP VS Code Extension
A VS Code extension for Typst.
- Syntax highlighting, error reporting, code completion, and function signature
- Compiles to PDF on save (configurable to as-you-type, or can be disabled)
- This extension compiles to PDF, but it doesn't have a PDF viewer yet. To view
the output as you work, install a PDF viewer extension, such as
- To configure when PDFs are compiled:
- Open settings
- File -> Preferences -> Settings (Linux, Windows)
- Code -> Preferences -> Settings (Mac)
- Search for "Typst Export PDF"
- Change the Export PDF setting
onSave makes a PDF after saving the Typst file
onType makes PDF files live, as you type
never disables PDF compilation
The extension uses Typst LSP on the
typst.tmLanguage.json are from
Typst. See the source here.
The syntax highlighting that was previously provided by
is being phased out in favor of LSP Semantic Tokens.