LaTex-Formatter is a simple VSCode tool for the LaTex - Language
- Ubuntu or Windows
- latex-formatter requires a latexindent.pl installation
TexDistro - Package manager
For MiKTeX and TeXLive is a package available.
Reference for the following guides: latexindent.pl - Documentation
- go to latexindent.pl and download latexindent.exe, defaultSettings.yaml, add-to-path.bat to the directory where you want to have latexindent.
- right click on add-to-path.bat and click Run as administrator.
- log out and lock back in
- open a command prompt type the following and hit enter
to check if latexindent is now in your PATH
- go to latexindent.pl and download latexindent.pl, defaultSettings.yaml the directory where you want to have latexindent.
- within your directory create a directory called path-helper-files and download CMakeLists.txt and cmake_uninstall.cmake.in from the folder path-helper-files to this directory
- run the following commands
sudo apt-get install cmake
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install build-essential
mkdir build && cd build
sudo make install
to check if latexindent was correctly installed
filenames with spaces are now supported
added mac support
Added windows support