Visual Studio Tools for AI is an extension to build, test, and deploy Deep Learning / AI solutions. It seamlessly integrates with Cloud AI services such as Azure Machine Learning for robust experimentation capabilities, including but not limited to submitting data preparation and model training jobs transparently to different compute targets. Additionally, it provides support for custom metrics and run history tracking, enabling data science reproducibility and auditing. Enterprise ready collaboration, allow to securely work on project with other people.
Get started with deep learning using Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit (CNTK), Google TensorFlow, PyTorch, Apache MXNet or other frameworks today.
Please visit our homepage for details on installation and usage.
NOTE: This extension is designed to work with Visual Studio 2017. You can download a version of this extension compatible with Visual Studio 2015 here.
What's new in 0.5.0.755748 (2018-09-02)
- Fix an issue that prevents users from importing certain ONNX model.
What's new in 0.5.0.752675 (2018-08-30)
- Fix an issue that the most recent version of Visual Studio cannot install the extension.
What's new in 0.5.0.747136 (2018-08-25)
- When first starting Tools for AI, an installation page is shown for guiding local AI development environment setup. Users can launch a one-click installer from this page to install required software packages into the default Python environment.
- We design a new start page to help users build first AI application / train first AI Model within 3 steps. The start page also contains useful AI examples and development resources.
- Azure Cognitive Services is organized by subscription in the Server Explorer. When creating a cognitive service, users can specify existing resource group or create a new one.
- Docker image list is updated for job submission to remote machines. And a new all-in-one docker image including all popular AI / DL frameworks is provided.
- Besides sending feedback in GitHub, now user can send feedback via Email too. Moreover, a more proactive feedback channel is built - will prompt user to give feedback when some conditions met.
- Azure Batch AI support is temporarily removed, will get the support of Batch AI back soon.
- Telemetry and stability improvements.
Learn more about previous releases.
Develop, debug and deploy deep learning models and AI solutions
Use the productivity features of Visual Studio to accelerate AI innovation today. Use built-in code editor features like syntax highlighting, IntelliSense and text auto formatting. You can interactively test your deep learning application in your local environment using step-through debugging on local variables and models.