Welcome to the AL Language extension for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
NOTE: To deploy code built using this extension you need to sign up for a Dynamics 365 Business Central Sandbox tenant
With this extension, you can write extensions for Dynamics 365 Business Central in the AL language with full support for formatting, syntax highlighting, and rich IntelliSense.
This extension includes:
- Editing support through IntelliSense (Ctrl+Space), syntax highlighting, and formatting
- Typing AL:Go! in the command palette (Ctrl+Shift+P) easily gets you started with your first AL extension
- Support for and snippets to define Codeunits, Control Addins, Pages, Page Customizations, Page Extensions, Profiles, Queries, Reports, Tables, Table Extensions, and XmlPorts
- Support for find all references (Shift+F12) to list all instances of a specific symbol
- Incremental compilation with diagnostics appearing in the Problems window while working
- Added native support for using HTTP and JSON types to access Azure functions and other Web Services
- Using Ctrl+F5 to deploy to the current development instance and using F5 to deploy and debug
- Ability to define a dependency on another extension by listing it in the app.json configuration file
- Autogeneration of app.json and launch.json project files
- Using Ctrl+Alt+F5 to perform rapid application development(RAD) and using Alt+F5 to perform RAD and debugging
Read more about developing in AL in our documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/dev-itpro.
If you encounter bugs with the extension, ensure you have the latest version of Visual Studio Code before reporting them through GitHub https://github.com/microsoft/al/issues.
License and Privacy
The extension is made available under the following Microsoft Software License Terms and the following Microsoft Enterprise and Developer Privacy Statement.