While moon provides a powerful and robust command line, an in-editor interface with deep integration
can provide a much better developer experience, and that's exactly what this moon console does!
Whether you're just learning, or an experienced veteran, this console will take you to the moon!
The backbone of moon is the projects view. In this view, all moon configured projects will be
listed, categorized by their
type, and designated with their
Each project can then be expanded to view all available tasks. Tasks can be ran by clicking the
icon, or using the command palette.
This view is available in both the "Explorer" and "moon" sections.
Last run view
Information about the last ran target will be displayed in a beautiful table with detailed stats.
Only tasks ran from the extension, or with
--report on the command line will be displayed here.
To provide the best experience, all major features, enhancements, and integrations can be found
within the moon specific control panel. Simply click the moon icon in the activity bar!
This extension requires moon itself to be installed within the opened VS Code workspace. Learn more
about installing and configuring moon!
The following settings are available for this extension.
moon.workspaceRoot - Relative path from the opened folder to moon's workspace root. Defaults to
.". This is useful if moon is initialized in a sub-folder.
moon.binPath - Relative path from moon's workspace root to the moon binary. Defaults to
node_modules/@moonrepo/cli/moon. Windows will auto-suffix with
The following commands are available in the command palette (typically
cmd + shift + p), and are
prefixed with "moon".
- Open settings - Opens the settings page and filters to all moon applicable settings.
- Run target - Prompts the user for a target(s) and runs it in the terminal.
- Refresh projects - Refreshes the projects view. This happens automatically when
- View dependency graph - Opens a panel that renders an interactive dependency graph
- View project graph - Opens a panel that renders an interactive project graph visualization.
- [x] Projects view
- [x] Categorize projects based on type
- [x] List tasks
- [x] Categorize tasks based on type
- [x] Run a task
- [x] Check a project
- [x] Last run view
- [x] Commands and command palette
- [x] Watches and reacts to file system changes.
- [ ] Schema validation for YAML configs
- [ ] moon language server
- [ ] Auto-completion
- [ ] In-editor code generation
- [x] Graph visualizer