This is the README for the extension "Pomomongo".
The aim is to create a useful "pomodoro"-type extension to supercharge and maximize your focus whilst never leaving VsCode.
Read about the Pomodoro method here
- Simple pomodoro timer
- Simple configurations to tailor the pomodoro timer to your preferences
- Possibility to play sounds whenever the timer is finished or a new focus time is started
There are two states that the timer can be in
Here the remaining time is visualized by MM:SS
The timer is waiting to be started
To start the timer just make sure that you setup the timer with the desired extension settings and then just press the timer to begin the cycle of focus time and rest time.
Bear in mind that if you press the timer while it is running then you will reset the whole thing, that means if you then start it again you will have to begin from the beginning again. Nevermind how many iterations that you've previously finished.
This extension contributes the following settings:
number] : Specifies the time for being focused
number]: Specifies the time for resting
number]: Specifies the amount of iterations n * (focus time + rest time) to execute
boolean]: Should play sounds f.e when the timer is finished
- If the last focus time is finished then the timer should just reset, but for now it continues to do the last rest sequence
- If you reload the editor, change the folder etc. the timer resets
If you experience issues that are not listed here, please report them here
- Better way to visually distinguish between a resting period and a focus period
- Notifications to tell the user about when there is a switch in periods
- Pause the timer rather than to reset it upon press
First release of the Pomomongo pomodoro timer, basic functionality included
- Minor bugfixes
- Adding a pause/play button to distinguish between extension states
- Adding a text for work/focus
- Appending a 0 if the minute/second is below 10