GNU C Call Hierarchy README
The extension generates C call hierarchy with your
GTAGS. It is recommended to use it with the extension C/C++ GNU Global.
This extension provides a call hierachy for C code.
- Data based on GNU Global.
- Register to VS Code native "Show Call Hierachy" command.
- Compatible with other extension using GTAGS.
You need to ensure
glboal are installed on your device.
You have to first generate
- Prepare your Gtag database via
- Right click the function you want to trace and click "Show Call Hierarchy".
- Trace the callers in "References" pane.
This extension contributes the following settings:
Global Executable: The path of
Gtag Database Dir Prefix: If this config is set to
prefixDir, it will read the GTAGS DB under
prefixDir/project_dir. This is the same as
Obj Dir Prefix config of the extension C/C++ GNU Global.
The precision of
gtags is not the same as
ctags. Some symbol will refer to its declaration and hard to figure out that. In such case, it will show a wrong function/symbol.
gtags also cannot directly find what functions the given function calls.
The extension C Call Hierarchy can provide a better expeirence. I did not find a good extension work with
ctags and do not want too many tags eat my storage.