This extension is used for internal testing against targets such as vscode.dev which require Marketplace published extensions, and is not supported.
The Power Platform extension makes it easy to manage Power Platform environments and allows the
developer to create, build and deploy Power Platform solutions, packages and portals.
Installing this extension will also make the latest Power Platform CLI (aka pac) available in your VSCode terminal.
- pac CLI 1.21.8 (Dec refresh, see release notes on nuget.org)
- pac CLI 1.21.4 (Nov refresh, see release notes on nuget.org)
- support for new data model for Power Pages in Studio web extension
- pac CLI 1.20.3 (Oct refresh, see release notes on nuget.org)
- pac CLI 1.19.3 (Sept refresh, see release notes on nuget.org)
- fixes to Power Pages editing when hosted in vscode.dev (running as web extension)
- pac CLI 1.18.3 (Aug refresh, see release notes on nuget.org)
- added support for Power Pages editing when hosted in vscode.dev (running as web extension, no pac CLI supported)
- hotfix in pac CLI
pac paportal * for #255
- pac CLI 1.16.6 (May refresh, see release notes on nuget.org)
- the Power Platform panel now supports the new UNIVERSAL authentication kind that pac CLI 1.16.x introduced
- pac CLI 1.15.3 (April refresh, see release notes on nuget.org)
- pac CLI 1.14.4 (March refresh QFE: pac admin backup: --notes parameter deprecated)
- pac CLI 1.14.1 (March refresh, see release notes on nuget.org)
- pac CLI 1.13.6 (February refresh plus 2 fixes, see release notes on nuget.org)
- Extension is now released with General Availability
- New Activity Pane for this extension that lets user managed PowerPlatform credentials and shows visible PP environments
- pac CLI 1.13.4 (February refresh, see release notes on nuget.org)
- pac CLI 1.12.2 (Dec/Jan refresh, see release notes on nuget.org)
- pac CLI 1.11.8 (Fixes a regression in
pac solution check)
- pac CLI 1.11.6 (Dec/Jan refresh, see release notes on nuget.org)
- fixed installation issue for Windows 11 Insider builds due to deprecation of WMIC
- pac CLI 1.10.4 (November refresh, see release notes on nuget.org)
- .NET 6 on Apple M1: pac CLI is targeting dotnetCore 5 for intel, but the .NET6 amd64 installer removes the net5 and x64 support. Users who have installed .NET 6 will need to uninstall all existing .NET bits and then install both the amd64 (Apple M1) and the x64 .NET 6 SDKs side by side.
- shortened the extension's friendly name
- pac CLI 1.9.4 (July refresh, see release notes on nuget.org)
- macOS: 'pac auth create' interactive login now works
- pac CLI 1.8.6 (pcf-scripts npm pkg hot fix for June refresh)
- pac CLI 1.8.5 (June refresh)
- added more Power Platform CLI command palette entries
- PA Portal editing support:
- Enhanced grammar to support include and editable tags
- Support multiple portal root folders for multi-rooted VSCode workspaces
- pac CLI 1.7.x, same as installed/updated via MSI/nuget.org
- initial public preview:
- pac CLI installed and runnable in VSCode terminal (cmd, PS, pwsh, git bash, any macOS shell like zsh, fish)
- PA Portal language services and auto complete
- known issues:
- macOS: no good check if the required separate install of dotnetCore 3.x or 5.x is present
- VSCode >= 1.5x
- .NET Windows 4.x
- macOS/Linux/WSL: dotnetCore SDK 5.x or 6.x
Open the VS Code Terminal (Terminal | New Terminal) and type in:
Microsoft PowerPlatform CLI
Usage: pac [admin] [application] [auth] [canvas] [help] [org] [package] [paportal] [pcf] [plugin] [solution] [telemetry]
admin Work with your PowerPlatform Admin Account
application Commands for listing and installing available DataVerse applications from AppSource
auth Manage how you authenticate to various services
canvas Operating with Power Apps .msapp files
help Show help for the Microsoft PowerPlatform CLI
org Work with your Dataverse Organization
package Commands for working with Dataverse package projects
paportal Commands for working with PowerApps portal website
pcf Commands for working with PowerApps component framework projects
plugin Commands for working with Dataverse plugin class library
solution Commands for working with Dataverse solution projects
telemetry Manage telemetry settings
The pac CLI will show you the available command nouns with a short description. To get detailed help for each noun, use the built-int help screens for each command, e.g.:
> pac solution help
Microsoft PowerApps CLI
Usage: pac solution [init] [add-reference] [list] [delete] [online-version] [version] [import] [export] [clone] [publish] [upgrade] [add-license] [check] [create-settings] [pack] [unpack]
init Initializes a directory with a new Dataverse solution project
add-reference Adds a reference from the project in the current directory to the project at 'path'
list List all Solutions from the current Dataverse Organization
delete Delete Dataverse Solution from the current Dataverse Environment
online-version Sets version for solution loaded in Dataverse environment.
version Update build or revision version for solution
import Import the Dataverse Solution into the current Dataverse Environment
export Export a Dataverse Solution from the current Dataverse Environment
clone Create a solution project based on an existing solution in your Organization
publish Publishes all customizations
upgrade Option to stage the Dataverse solution for upgrade
add-license Add license and plan info to solution
check Upload a Dataverse Solution project to run against the PowerApps Checker Service
create-settings Create a settings file from solution zip or solution folder.
pack Package solution components on local filesystem into solution.zip (SolutionPackager)
unpack Extract solution components from solution.zip onto local filesystem (SolutionPackager)
To then view all solutions installed in the selected environment:
> pac solution list
Listing all Solutions from the current Dataverse Organization...
Index Unique Name Friendly Name Version
 Cr4323c Common Data Services Default Solution 126.96.36.199
Feedback & Questions
Please use the issues tracker in the home repo: https://github.com/microsoft/powerplatform-vscode/issues
This project will welcome contributions in the near future. At this stage, we're not ready for contributions,
but do welcome your suggestions via this repository's issue tracker.
See details in CONTRIBUTING
Code of Conduct
See details in CODE_OF_CONDUCT
Please report any security concerns or issues as described in this SECURITY document.
This project may contain trademarks or logos for projects, products, or services. Authorized use of Microsoft
trademarks or logos is subject to and must follow Microsoft's Trademark & Brand Guidelines.
Use of Microsoft trademarks or logos in modified versions of this project
must not cause confusion or imply Microsoft sponsorship.
Any use of third-party trademarks or logos are subject to those third-party's policies.