Support for Z80 macro-assemblers in Visual Studio Code
The Z80 Macro-Assembler extension for Visual Studio Code provides the following features inside VS Code:
- syntax highlighting for Z80 assembly sources of well known Z80 macro-assemblers, for example:
- problem matchers for SjASMPlus, Macroassembler AS, rasm and tniASM compilation output
- label and symbol documenter on hover, defintion provider, completition proposer and rename provider
- macro documenter and argument definition provider
- snippets for macros and source control keywords
There are some predefined problem matchers to handle reported errors from compilation output:
errmatcher-as for Macroassembler AS
errmatcher-sjasmplus for SjASMPlus
errmatcher-rasm for rasm
errmatcher-tniasm-preprocessor for tniASM
These values can be used in
.vscode/tasks.json of your project's build task, for example:
- provide symbols or labels in current file in "Go to Symbol in File..." [
- provide symbols or labels also in all includes in "Go to Symbol in Workspace..." [
- Generated map of every symbol defined considers also modules or temporal labels:
- Inteligent completion of directives, pseudo-instructions, Z80 instructions, registers, labels or symbols:
Hover over symbol:
- Show symbol's value or specific definiton:
- Allow to rename labels, temporal labels, module names or macro indetifiers in InteliSense meaning.
This extension was done by Martin Bórik as a compilation of derived work inspired by these VS Code extensions:
The Z80 Assembly extension is subject to these license terms.
The source code to this extension is available on github and licensed under the MIT license.