VSCode GPG extension
Extension for using GnuPG for text encryption/decryption/sign on VSCode.
- Listing public key available in the system for encryption;
- Text encryption producing ASCII-armored output (ready for sharing);
- Ciphertext decryption;
- Storing passphrases in local settings;
- Encrypting and decrypting files or selected text;
- ClearSign & Verify signed files.
Note: The extension allows encryption/decryption/sign/verify on the text editor as follows:
- For encryption, on a text editor, select your plaintext, access to the Command Palette (
Cmd+Shift+P on OSX or
Ctrl+Shift+P on Windows and Linux), choose
GPG: Encrypt and follow the instructions.
- For decryption, select an encrypted text and choose
GPG: Decrypt on the Command Palette. A prompt for providing the passphrase will be shown.
Using stored passphrase in settings
If no stored passphrase is chosen then the regular prompt will appear.
This extension depends upon GnuPG
>=2.0 running on the host system. Please refer to the project website to find a compatible version with your system.
For more information