Makerflow 💻 🌊
Makerflow is a deep work and collaboration assistant for developers. Get in the zone without
hiding away from your product manager, designer or other developers on the team!
Table of contents
- Flow Mode
- Events (from Google Calendar)
- 🔕 Toggle "Do Not Disturb" mode on macOS.
- 🙅 Close/open distracting chat apps like Slack, Discord, MS Teams, Telegram, WhatsApp, and Messages.
- 🛑 Block/unblock distracting websites with Chrome or Firefox extensions
- 💬 Update/clear your Slack status automatically to let your co-workers know when
- you are trying to do deep work and will be slow to respond. Status is set to 💻
- or, when you are on a break. Status is set to one of these emojis ☕️ 🍵 🥪 🥤 🚶 🏃 💪 🏥 👶 ⏸
Plus, other commands and status bar items to
- 📋 Get a list of your tasks like
- Slack notifications
- pull requests from GitHub or Bitbucket
- ✅ and mark them as done
- 📅 See all your ongoing and upcoming events from Google Calendar
- and launch Google Meet meetings directly from VS Code 🎥 🚀
Note, that this extension also installs the Makerflow CLI tool with
npm install -g makerflow-cli upon initialization.
- A free Makerflow account. Sign up at https://makerflow.co
- API token from https://app.makerflow.co/settings#api
Starting Flow Mode will:
- 🔕 Turn on "do-not-disturb" mode on macOS to block your notifications and
- 💬 If you have your Slack workspace connected to Makerflow, it will automatically set your
Slack status to let your teammates know you might be slow to respond.
- 🙅 Close distracting chat apps like Slack, Discord, MS Teams, Telegram, WhatsApp, and Messages if you configured it to do so with
makerflow config kill in your terminal.
- 🛑 Block distracting websites if you have Makerflow Chrome or Firefox extensions installed.
Stopping Flow Mode will reverse all the above actions.
Tasks show up in Makerflow by connecting with your other collaboration tools like Slack, GitHub or Bitbucket.
You can connect these tools with Makerflow from the "Setup Integrations" page on the website.
Breaks are a quick way to set your Slack status and let your coworkers know when you are
away on a break.
If you don't supply a reason, your status will be set to ⏸.
Reasons currently supported are lunch (🥪), coffee (☕️), tea (🍵), beverage (🥤), walk (👟), run (🏃), workout (💪),
child (👶), and doctor (🏥).
Events (from Google Calendar)
Will list recently ended, ongoing and upcoming events from Google Calendar.