VOCaml is a VS Code extension providing helpers for working with OCaml code. Currently, it has three commands:
- VOCaml: Add Type Annotations inserts type annotations around let bindings.
- VOCaml: Remove Type Annotations removes type annotations from let bindings.
- VOCaml: Visit File from Current Line triggers a Quick Open dialog populated with a file and line number retrieved from the line at cursor position.
VOCaml is a companion to
ppx_minidebug, but it can be used for its own merits.
Features and Limitations
Currently, VOCaml retrieves types from the first entry of hover boxes, and uses regular expressions for parsing. Its implementation is simple, but that leads to some restrictions:
- For value bindings, only single-identier and
as-alias bindings are supported.
- For function bindings such as
let foo bar baz = ..., only single-identifier arguments are supported, but they can be labeled or optional. E.g.
let foo ?bar ~baz () = ....
- Up to 6 arguments in function bindings are supported.
Currently, VOCaml has just one exposed setting:
vocaml.fileLocationPattern: a regular expression for detecting file positions.
Release Notes highlights
Adds labeled (and optional without defaults) arguments, unit value arguments. Fixes multiline types from hovers.
Initial release of VOCaml.