Node.js Interactive window (REPL)
Node.js Interactive Window (REPL) for Visual Studio Code using Node.js command line right in your favorite IDE. Simply press CTRL + SHIFT + P and launch "Node.js Interactive window (REPL)".
This is a preview and I would really love some feedback if something is not working as it should.
Both "return" values and console.log is supported, just as in Node.js REPL since that is used behind the scenes.
This extension requires Node.js v6+, but only tested with Node 7+
Note, this is a preview so please report any bugs
Some want all, but right now I think it's working good. I want to look into implementing this though;
- Import/require of external files/modules
- fixing circular references in serializer
- output fixes (thanks @plylrnsdy)
- require should probably work better (thanks @plylrnsdy)
- console.log with multiline
- ... and a few more
- Small output fixes (thanks @nchursin)
- Added console methods
- Added a stop command
- Import of workspace modules + a bugfix for importing from NodeJs API
- Text editor optimizations for drawing results/console
- Annoying bug where error/result didn't get removed when there was an empty document
- Hoover message for result/console
- Runs REPL for first document named Untitled-* when opening new project with opened documents
- Dispose REPL by closing the active document
- Only single window with support for console, result and error
- Console output for Promises
- Fix for nested methods call in newlines.
- Fix for promise results and exceptions
- Fix for exceptions in functions
- Fix for positioning of results when statements returned undefined
- Experimenting with single window instead of split window
- Rewrite for import to require, to support Node.js v6+
- Parsing when semicolon or new line is typed
- Autoparsing after 2s after inactivity