This extension provides ability to easily get sharable URLs for git files
- Copy (or open) url of active
- Copy a markdown version of active
Editor document (for sharing with eg Teams)
- Copy url for selected text in active
- Copy (or open) url of selected file/directory in
- Copy (or open) url of selected tab in
You must not disable built-in
Git extension (which is enabled by default) or you will get following prompt
This extension contributes the following settings:
shareGitFile.enableMarkdownSupport: enable to show
Copy markdown context menu, default enabled.
shareGitFile.useCurrentBranch: enable to use current git branch than default (master) branch, default disabled.
shareGitFile.defaultBranchName: default branch name, default 'master'.
As of release 0.0.6
- No testing has been performed on non-Windows platform although it should just work (Please report if you find it broken!)
- Git provider only supports Azure Repos only, but GitHub works as well with auto redirection (except for selection it defaults to file)
- While Microsoft Teams supports markdown, it does not format the pasted text as markdown, workaround may be delete the last char and enter it by keyboard
- Further more, VS Code does not support copy HTML to clipboard and has no plan to do so until it becomes JS standard, see #77790
Initial release of share git url extension supporting Azure Repos (partially GitHub).