This VSCode extension adds a typewriter effect to your code when activated. It is straightforward and easy to use.
To use this extension, follow these simple steps:
- Open the file you want to apply the typewriter effect in your Visual Studio Code editor.
Ctrl + Shift + P or
Command + Shift + P on Mac to open the Command Palette. Select "Start Typewriter Effect" from the available options.
- You can also right-click on the code you want to apply the typewriter effect and select "Start Typewriter Effect" from the available options.
- The typewriter effect will be applied to your code instantly.
Note: If you want to customize the typing speed, you can adjust the setting. By default, the extension types at a speed of 5 milliseconds per character. You can change this by following these steps:
- Click on "File" in the menu bar.
- Select "Preferences" and then "Settings."
- In the settings search bar, type "Code Typewriter Effect Typing Speed" and adjust the value to your desired typing speed in milliseconds. Lower values make it faster.
Note: If you have changed the extension's default settings, please reload or restart Visual Studio Code for the updated settings to take effect.
- Typewriter Effect: Adds a typewriter effect to your code, making it look like it's being typed out.
- Stop Typewriter Effect: You can now stop the typing effect while it's running by executing the "Stop Typewriter Effect" command.
Liked this extension? Please consider giving it a star on GitHub. Your support is greatly appreciated!