GPT-3 VS Code Plugin
A VS Code plugin that allows you to use OpenAI's GPT-3 to generate code for your projects.
- Convert comments to code
- Convert unit tests to implementation
- Execute GPT-3 on the current line
- Execute GPT-3 on the full file
To use the GPT-3 extension, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have an OpenAI API key. You can obtain one by signing up for a free account on the OpenAI website.
- In Visual Studio Code, go to the
Extensions tab and search for
- Click the
Install button to install the extension.
- Once the extension is installed, click the
Reload button to activate it.
- In the
Command Palette (Ctrl+Shift+P), search for
GPT-3: Set API Key and enter your API key.
- To use the extension, open a file in Visual Studio Code and select the text you want to convert or execute.
- In the
Command Palette, search for the command you want to use (e.g.
GPT-3: Convert Comments,
GPT-3: Convert Tests, etc.).
- Select the command and follow the prompts to generate the code or execute GPT-3.
This extension contributes the following settings:
gpt3.apiKey: the API key for OpenAI's GPT-3
If you encounter any issues while using the GPT-3 extension, try the following steps:
- Make sure you have entered a valid API key. You can check your API key by going to the
Command Palette and searching for
GPT-3: Show API Key.
- If you are trying to convert or execute code, make sure you have selected the text you want to convert or execute.
- If you are still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the extension.
- If the problem persists, please create an issue on the GitHub repository with a detailed description of the problem and any error messages you may have received.
Initial release of the GPT-3 VS Code plugin.