PowerShell Universal is the ultimate platform for building web-based IT tools. This extension helps in the development of tools using PowerShell Universal.
Download and Install Universal
The extension can automatically download and install Universal. When the extension starts, if the binaries are present, it will start a Universal server.
- View APIs
- Automatically insert
Invoke-RestMethod to call APIs
- Edit APIs
- View dashboards
- Open Dashboard scripts
- Restart Dashboards
- View Dashboard log
- Debug Dashboard Process
- View scripts
- Edit scripts
- Run scripts and receive notifications on job status
- Edit configuration scripts
The dashboard will automatically import modules for a dashboard so that IntelliSense works properly.
- Windows or Linux
- PowerShell v5.1 or later
- Modern Web Browser
This extension contributes the following settings:
powershellUniversal.port: Port that the Universal server is listening on. Defaults to 5000.
powershellUniversal.computerName: Computer that the server is running on. Defaults to localhost.
powershellUniversal.appToken: An app token for communicating with the Universal REST API. An app token will be granted the first time the extension starts up.
powershellUniversal.serverPath: The path to the binaries for the Universal server. This defaults to %AppData%\PowerShellUniversal
powershellUniversal.startServer: Whether to start the PowerShell Universal server when the extension is activated. This defaults to true.
- Added a setting to disable starting the PowerShell Universal server on extension activation.
- Added View Dashboard Log command
- Added Debug Dashboard Process command
- Extension will fail to activate after a number of retries while connecting to the Universal server.
- Added support configuration files.
- Added support for scripts and jobs.