- Install SQLTools in VS Code from the Marketplace
- Install the InterSystems extension to SQLTools
- Install a published version from within VS Code
- Click on the Extensions icon in your Activity pane
- Search for SQLTools
- Find InterSystems and click on Install
- Or install a beta version
- Go to the GitHub releases page
- Expand Assets triangle for the latest version
- Download the file ending in
- Click on the Extensions icon in the Activity pane
- In the Extensions pane, at the top right, click the "..." menu and select "Install from VSIX..."
- Click the SQLTools icon in the Activity pane (left side of VS Code)
- Click "Add new connection"
- Click InterSystems IRIS
- Fill out connection information
- Test the connection
- Save the connection
With a connection defined, you can now write SQL, browse tables, etc.
To write raw SQL
- Click the "New SQL file" icon
- Write your SQL statement
- Click "Run on active connection"
- Or, select the SQL statement text, and execute it
- either right-click and select "Run selected query" from the contentual menu
- or type Command-E, Command-E (Mac)
- or type Ctrl-E, Ctrl-E (Windows)
To browse tables
- Click on your connection
- Click on "Tables"
- Right-click on the table of interest
- From the contextual menu, select "Show table records"