Hy Language Support for Visual Studio Code
This extension adds Hy language support to VS Code. Features (presently) include basic syntax highlighting and the ability to evaluate expressions by sending them to a Hy REPL.
- [x] Basic syntax highlighting
- [x] Basic Hy code snippets
- [x] Code evaluation shortcuts
- [x] Improved syntax highlighting
- [x] Paredit-style structural editing based on S-expressions (slurping, barfing, dragging, killing, rewrapping, splicing, raising, navigation, auto-balancing for parens and other wrappers
- [x] Auto-formatting on edit (esp. auto-indentation)
- [ ] Intellisense code completion for built-in Hy functions and macros
How to Install
VS Code Extension Marketplace
- Navigate to the VS Code Extension marketplace within VS Code.
- Search for "vscode-hy (hylang official)" and install as usual.
- Navigate to your local .vscode (or .vscodium) extension directory (e.g.
$ cd ~/.vscode/extensions)
- Clone this repo within that directory (e.g.
git clone https://www.github.com/hylang/vscode-hy)
- Reload or relaunch any open VS Code/VS Codium windows
Issues and pull requests welcome.
This extension is a fork and reedit of Allen Huang's xuqinghan/vscode-hy extension: Copyright (c) 2016 Allen Huang