Git History Diff
View git history. View commit details. View diff of committed files. View git blame info. View stash details.
GitHD aims to bring the most useful git history inside with the simplest and the most convenient way.
What's new in 2.0
- Git blame view. You are able to see the latest commit info which presents at the end of each line.
- Git stash view. You are able to see the change details of stashes.
- Allow user to input two commits to see their branches or specified files diffs.
- Allow user to see file diff between un-committed local and specified commit.
- Move the color configures to Contribution point so that you are able to configure them with customized color.
- Some UI related improvments and fixes.
- Tracing system introduced (tracing is disabled by default).
- View branch history.
- View file history.
- View folder history.
- View line history.
- View history by author.
- Select a commit from the history view to see diff of committed files.
- View git stashes and related files' diffs.
- View git blame which displays the latest commit info at the end of each line. Hover on it to see details.
- Input a commit sha1 to see diff of the committed files.
- View all the diffs between current branch and the selected one or between the two selected ones.
- View the diff of a file or folder between current branch and the selected one or between the two selected ones.
- View file diff between un-committed local and specified commit.
Press F1 and type or select below commands to run.
GitHD: View History
GitHD: View Branch History
GitHD: View File History
GitHD: View Line History
GitHD: View Entire History
GitHD: View Stashes
GitHD: View Branch Diff
GitHD: View Un-committed File Diff
GitHD: Input Ref
View Branch History and the Committed Changes
Note, when you select different branch to see it's history, the repo will not checkout to that branch.
View File or Folder History
View line history and diff
- Select a branch or ref to compare with current branch
- Select two branches or refs to compare with current branch. You are able to select a local branch to compare with another local or remote branch.
- Input a SHA to compare with current branch (
F1 -> GitHD: View Branch Diff -> Enter Commit SHA -> SHA)
- Input two SHAs to see their diffs (
F1 -> GitHD: View Branch Diff -> Enter Commit SHA -> SHA1 .. SHA2)
You are able to see the latest commit info of each line. Hover on it to see the details and
click the SHA to see committed files and their changes. You could disable it in the settings.
Display of the Committed Files
When the express mode is enabled, the History View will be loaded significantly faster especially when there are too many commits. But the stat info for each commit will not be displayed. You could toggle it in the settings.
Press F1 and type or select
Preferences: Open Workspace Settings or
Preferences: Open User Settings. Search githd and set the configurations.
Big thanks to the contributions of Thomas Müller, Eugene Voynov and yigger!
Unofficial Author's Words
This is the tool I wanted but could not find so wrote myself.
Many things happened in my life during this year but little to the GitHD although I played with it almost everyday. Finally I could spend some time to make it better. I really need to thank my family, my wife, my little kid, my parents. Quote a lyric, you raise me up to more than I can be. THANK YOU!