Solidity debugger extension for Visual Studio Code supporting breakpoints, stepping, rewinding, call stacks, local & state variable inspection.
Debug a single .sol file containing a single contract
- Ensure no Folders or Workspaces are opened in VSCode and open your
- The contract must define a parameterless constructor function.
- This constructor function can call other functions in your contract.
- When debug is started the contract is automatically deployed and its constructor function will be ran.
If your contract constructor takes parameters, or if your
.sol file contains multiple contracts then follow the the next set of instructions below.
Debug Solidity codebases with multiple contracts
- Open the folder containing
.sol files with VSCode.
- Define a contract titled
Main with a parameterless constructor function.
- This entry point contract can deploy your other contract(s) in its constructor function.
- When debug is started the
Main contract is automatically deployed and its constructor function will be ran.
Debugging contracts with C# unit tests