This extension provides a quick way to generate templates directly into your project either by using the command palette or by right clicking on the directory you want to create the template.
Generating React Component
Just right click on the directory you want to create the component and select the option
Generate React Component, now select one of the following options:
- Generate Basic React Component: This generates a basic React Component.
- Generate React Component with memo: This generates a React Component with memo.
- Generate React Component with forwardRef: This generates a React Component with forwardRef.
- Generate React Component with memo and forwardRef: This generates a React Component with memo and forwardRef.
Please note that all generated components are created in a folder with index.ts file thus you may add more sub components to that component.
In the near future, I will add more options to generate other templates.
Generate Nextjs Client Component
You can easily generate a Nextjs client component by using
Generate Nextjs Client Component command, this will generate a component with
use client directive at the top of the file, and the component will be exported as default.
Generating Http Services
Most apps requires API connection, by using Mongez Http you can easily manage your API requests, this dropdown contains two options:
Generate Client Service File (Mongez): This generates a basic Http Service with two functions:
getXList which may receive an object for params to list data, and
getX which receives the id of the item you want to get.
Generate Restful Service (Mongez): This generates a restful endpoint class, which automatically provides you with
delete functions based on the given route.
The first prompt asks for the service file name, second prompt asks for the route, if left blank, then it will be generated from the given service file name.
The Third prompt asks for the base endpoint file location, the endpoint object must be exported as default from tht path, defaults to
Generate MongoDB Model
If you're using Mongez MongoDB, you can easily create a model by using
Generate MongoDB Model command or by right click on the folder that you want to create the model inside, all you need to insert is the collection name for database, (
It should be in plural form).
If you'd like to contribute to this extension, please feel free to submit a pull request.
- V7 (16 Sept 2023)
- Added wether to create component with index file or not.
Generate Nextjs Client Component command.
- V4 (02 June 2023)
Generate MongoDB Model command.
- V3 (31 May 2023)
- Generate Rect Component now is a dropdown.
- Added Generate Rect Component with memo.
- Added Generate Rect Component with forwardRef.
- Added Generate Rect Component with memo and forwardRef.
- Http Services are now dropdown.
- V2 (27 May 2023)
Generate CLient Service File command.
Generate Restful Service File command.
- V1 (25 May 2023)
- Added Generate React Component.