Add CodeTogether to VS Code to live share your
IDE and coding sessions. Cross-IDE support for Eclipse, IntelliJ, and VS Code. See
changes in real time, even when coding in the same file, like Google Docs for your
code. So many uses: pair programming, mob programming, code review, project design,
unit testing, education, interviews, remote development and more.
Free plan with anonymous usage is always available.
- Cross-IDE support. Host and join from VS Code, IntelliJ or Eclipse.
- Browser too. IDE functionality with just a URL, even edit from a phone or tablet.
- Simple and Easy. See the Getting Started Guide for details.
- Integrated communications. Audio, video, text chat, screen sharing, & more.
- Secure. Sessions are end-to-end encrypted.
- Real-time editing. See changes immediately, even when editing the same file.
- Host-based intelligence. Exceptional content assist, validation & navigation for all.
- Efficient. No resource drain, lag time or artifacting like with screen sharing.
- Shared consoles & terminals. Host-controlled with optional write access.
- Share local servers. Expose to your guests web apps running locally.
- Run tests. Everyone gets to write, run & analyze tests; perfect for TDD.
- Run remote launches. Guests can run applications from the host IDE.
- CodeTogether Pro. The perfect upgrade for professionals.
- CodeTogether Teams. Simplifies collaboration with team-centric flows.
- CodeTogether On-Premises. Deploy behind your firewall. Supports multi-server deployment and SSO integration.
- SAP ABAP support. Collaborate & live share code that resides on an SAP server.
Simply install the extension,
start a session, and collaborate with others.
Starting a Session
Host New Session in the
CodeTogether view, select access privileges, and then click
Inviting Guests to a Session
Invite others from the
Hosting node of the
CodeTogether view. The Invite URL is copied
to your clipboard to be shared with others.
If you have a Teams plan, team members can join the session directly in the
CodeTogether view. You can also click
Invite others to directly invite online team members to a session.
Joining a Session
Join Remote Session in the
CodeTogether view and use the Invite URL.
If you have a Teams plan, click a running session in the
CodeTogether view to immediately join the session.
Coding in a Session
All participants have access to the host's entire workspace, except for files explicitly excluded by the host. Anyone in the session can simply start typing to edit code, others see these changes immediately. If you wish to code without disrupting others, click the
Go to your own cursor node in the
Stopping a Session
Stop Sharing in the