Auto Close Tag
Automatically add HTML/XML close tag, same as Visual Studio IDE or Sublime Text does.
- Automatically add closing tag when you type in the closing bracket of the opening tag
- After closing tag is inserted, the cursor is between the opening and closing tag
- Set the tag list that would not be auto closed
- Automatically close self-closing tag
- Support auto close tag as Sublime Text 3
- Use Keyboard Shortcut or Command Palette to add close tag manually
After typing in the closing bracket of the opening tag, the closing tag will be inserted automatically.
To add close tag manually, use shortcut
Command+Alt+. for Mac), or press
F1 and then select/type
Sublime Text 3 Mode
To automatically add close tag when
</ is typed (same as Sublime Text 3 does), set the below config as
The setting is
false by default.
auto-close-tag.enableAutoCloseTag to set whether to insert close tag automatically (it is
true by default):
To set whether to close self-closing tag automatically (e.g. type
<br, then type
> will be added automatically) (it is
true by default):
Add entry into
auto-close-tag.activationOnLanguage to set the languages that the extension will be activated. Use
["*"] to activate for all languages. Below are the default settings:
.jsx. So, if you want to enable this extension on
.js file, you need to add
You could also set the tag list that would not be auto closed. Below are the default settings for void elements in HTML per W3C spec, and you could overwrite it:
auto-close-tag.fullMode: Whether to enable both Visual Studio and Sublime Text mode. (Default is false)
See Change Log here
Submit the issues if you find any bug or have any suggestion.
Fork the repo and submit pull requests.
Visit the blog or the post for more detailed info