Symbol Seeker (vscode-symbol-seeker)
A simple VSCode Extension, that allows fast fuzzy search for symbols & files of the current workspace -- all in the same interface!
It archives that by creating, parsing, caching & searching ctags for the current workspace. If you assign a shortcut you will find your files even faster!
This is a heavy Work-In-Progress! May not work for your usecase!
- Search for Files & Symbols across the whole project with one command:
Search for Symbol or File
- Support for all langauges, that ctags support
- Weighted fuzzy-search to prefer e.g. file-result over property-results
- Additional (basic) Support for Dart
- Universal CTags (e.g.
brew install universal-ctags)
Please make sure the
ctags-executable is in your PATH-Variable
Please take a look at the CHANGELOG.md File.
No Settings as of now
ToDos & Improvements:
- Add a special syntax/keywords to limit your search to a folder or file-extension (most usecases are covered by just appending your search with the folder or extension)
- Add not found-Options e.g. do a full-text-search, search git history, etc.
- Add more user facing errors: e.g. CTags is not installed, No Workspace is opened, etc.
- Add Tests
- Improve Matching for paths pasted in search bar
- Support multiple workspaces