Serverless Console is an alternative UI for AWS Cloudwatch. Its focus is on "serverless functions" but it can also be used for any kind of log group.
- Log groups are grouped per project and correspond to a single Serverless service
- Stages are shown per function on its own tab
- Times are shown relative to current timestamp (like "2 minutes ago")
- Logs can be grouped per request
- Log stream can be searched
Log Search (Cloudwatch Insights)
- Cloudwatch Insights query for simple search is used by default (but it can be modified)
- Preserves search history (while the tab is opened)
- Serverless Framework - data is retrieved by parsing
- CloudFormation stack - data is retrieved using AWS API (especially useful if you are using AWS SAM)
- Custom Logs - exact Log Group name is defined in settings
This extension contributes the following settings:
serverlessConsole.groupPerRequest: determines a default option on whether logs should be grouped per request.
serverlessConsole.services: a list of services from which data is retrieved.