InterSystems ObjectScript language support for Visual Studio Code.
CaretDev provides commercial support services. Request a Quote.
- InterSystems ObjectScript code highlighting support.
- Debugging ObjectScript code
- Intellisense support for commands, system functions, class members
- Export existing sources to the working directory: press Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+P, type 'ObjectScript', press Enter.
- Save and compile a class: press Ctrl+F7 (⌘+F7) or select "ObjectScript: Save and compile" from Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+P menu.
- Server Explorer with possibility to export items
- Edit directly on server
Install Visual Studio Code first.
Open VSCode. Go to extensions and search for "ObjectScript" like it is shown on the attached screenshot and install it.
Or install from ObjectScript extension page on Visual Studio Marketplace
To be able to use many plugin features, you need to configure the connection to Caché server first. You can create or edit existing
.vscode/settings.json file. So, your settings file may somethiing like this.
Or you can edit it through settings editor. Which you can open from menu Code > Preferences > Settings for macOS or File > Preferences > Settings for Windows, search for "workspace settings" through Command Palette [⌘⇧P/Ctrl+Shift+P] or by shortcut [⌘,/Ctrl+,].
- Find a 'objectscript', do not forget to set
port should follow to web port of instance (usually by default, 52773 for Caché/Ensemble, 52773 for IRIS)
- Change settings according to your Caché/IRIS instance
- You will see related output in "Output" while switched to "ObjectScript" channel (right drop-down menu on top of the output window)
For Caché/IRIS instance with maximum security level, add '%Development' role for '/api/atelier/' web-application ( More )