Templr is VS code extension to simplify creating files using templates in VS code. We can use templates for various purposes from interviews to front end development.
Currently, extension supports following features:
- Supports creating files from templates
- Supports predefined variables of DATE and FILE_NAME within templates
- Support user defined variables within templates
- User setting to set templates directory
How to use?
- Create a folder which can hold file templates
- Create file template and store in above folder
- Predefined constants: DATE, FILE_NAME and can be used as @@DATE@@
- User defined variables can be created with this convention: $$Name$$
- For each user defined variable, user will be prompted with text box.
Create new file
- Go to Command Pallette
- Search for "Create new file from template"
- Select template name loaded from template directory
- After all inputs, new file gets created in opened workspace.
Suggest enhancements or Report bugs
Report any issues or enhacements here: https://github.com/ugudlado/templr/issues