Texinfo language support for Visual Studio Code.
- Syntax Highlighting
- Code Completion
- Completion and code snippets for most @-commands.
- Display HTML preview in a webview.
- Support loading custom CSS for preview.
- Texinfo to HTML conversion is provided by GNU Texinfo.
- Fold on nodes, block commands and multiline comments.
- Breadcrumb navigation of folding blocks.
- Show diagnostic information in editor based on error and warning messages generated by GNU Texinfo.
- Visual Studio Code version >= 1.40.0. Legacy versions may also work.
- A latest version of GNU Texinfo.
File -> Preferences -> Settings -> Extensions -> Texinfo for details. The settings are self-explanatory.
- If syntax highlighting is not satisfactory, try another color theme (e.g. Solarized Light/Dark, Monokai) where keyword/operator colors are distinct.
- Preview content is updated on document save rather than document change, as Texinfo documents tend to be rather large, and incremental conversion is not yet supported.
- For macOS users: Preinstalled GNU Texinfo distribution is very old. Use a latest one instead. This can be easily done by
brew install texinfo and change extension setting
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to report bugs or submit patches.
- Implement Language Server Protocol for the Texinfo language, preferably by extending GNU Texinfo, to alleviate the limitations of the current implementaion.