This extension adds support for running encrypt/decrypt commands within yaml files using hiera-eyaml. The hiera-eyaml gem is required to be installed.
- Allows for encrypting the currently selected data using the public key specified in your settings.
- Accessible via command palette or editor context menu as: Encrypt selection with eyaml
- Output format can be specified via settings as Block or String format. If using Block format, you may also set the line length to use when creating the block.
- Only a public key needs to be specified in the settings for encryption to work.
- Allows for decrypting the currently selected data using the public and private keys specified in your settings.
- Accessible via command palette or editor context menu as: Decrypt selection with eyaml
- Both a public and private key must be specified in the settings for decryption to work.
Ruby and the hiera-eyaml gem are required to be installed. The hiera-eyaml gem can be installed using this command:
gem install hiera-eyaml
This extension has been tested with version 2.1.0 (https://rubygems.org/gems/hiera-eyaml/versions/2.1.0).
This extension contributes the following settings under
eyamlPath: Path to the eyaml command line utility.
publicKeyPath: Path to the public key to use for encryption and decryption.
privateKeyPath: Path to private key to use for decryption.
outputFormat: Formatting to use for encrypted value (String or Block).
outputBlockSize: Specifies the length of each line when using Block output format.
- Decryption: fixed handling of spaces in block formatted encrypted data