LPL Outline README
- Provides the necessary data for Visual Studio Code to fill in the Outline panel and breadcrumbs bar for *.busclass files
- Navigate the code using the outline tree or the breadcrumbs bar.
- Jump to the definition of actions, classes, relations, parameters, etc.
- See definitions of fields and paramters, etc., when hovering over them
- Get warnings about persistent fields missing from import classes
Tip: The breadcrumbs bar is particularly useful in tracking (displaying) your current location within the file too.
This extension relies on the Infor LPL Language Server extension already being installed because that declares the busclass file type.
deep: (default) Includes all implemented levels of detail
shallow: Excludes detail within individual Actions. This is useful in VS Code version 1.31 because the number of symbols in the tree is limited to 7500, and some large files exceed that.
- Code parsing is imperfect, so jump to definition and hover text is not always accurate or available
- The ability to see a list of all definitions of a parameter or field referenced in the various contexts of a rule block is not implemented (yet).
See change log for complete history.
0.1.8 - 2021-05-19
- Key fields are now reported as missing from import classes if they are not listed and @Import=Exclude is not specified on the .keyfield line 1.
- Declarations of the form "Field is Alpha up to 20" are now parsed properly.
- Warning messages about missing import fields will exclude entire import business classes with @Import=Exclude on line 1.
- Associating an Import class to the corresponding main business class will now also look for "include FillInFields" to identify an invoke referring to the main business class.
- Relative keys are now identified as fields and can report warnings if missing from imports and not marked with @Import=Exclude.
The code for this extension is hosted at GitHub