Azure Node Essentials
This extension provides tools for NodeJs developers working with Azure SDKs.
- Project and file scaffolding
yo azure-node to create
- Empty .js or .ts files
- pre populated .tsconfig or .jsconfig files
- create a service principal
- Snippets for some common operations such as authentication, creating a service principal.
loginInt : generate code for interactive login
loginPwd : generate code for logging in with username and password
loginSp : generate code for logging in with a service principal
spCreate : generate code to create a service principal
- Search and Install Azure packages from NPM
Azure-Node: Browse Azure-SDK Packages : type to filter by matching name, enter to npm-install it locally
- Code generation scenarios
Azure-Node: Generate code for template deployment : generate code for template deployment
1. template deployment
- Open VS code with an empty workspace (empty folder)
- Bring up VS code command palette, invoke
azure-node generator and invoke it.
* app to invoke the main generator (the sub generators for files are listed at the root level)
- This should initialize your project and install npm dependencies
- Meanwhile, open the folder in VSCode and navigate to index.js
- Notice that package.json has been set up and index.js has boiler plate code for authentication.
- Place caret on the line after
// TODO: Write your application logic here.
- From VS Code's command palette, invoke
>Azure-Node: Generate code for template deployment
- The extension generates code for template deployment in the file currently active in the vscode editor and adds required dependencies to package.json.
The following package/extension dependencies are auto installed when you install this extension.
- vscode yo
This project has adopted the Microsoft Open Source Code of Conduct. For more information see the Code of Conduct FAQ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions or comments.