VSCode extension to add, search, remove, update packages without touching terminal, package.json or browser.
Read 'What can it do' section below for more details.
- Install the plugin from VSCode extension marketplace, search for "easy-npm".
- After installation you should see 📦 (packages) icon in activity bar.
- Clicking on it should reveal the extension (refer screenshot below):
NOTE: Demo is of slightly older version and may not showcase all the features. Still walks through the major features though.
What can it do?
- Search for npm packages, within VSCode.
- View the readme and other details of any npm package, within VSCode.
- View installed and latest available version of installed dependencies, with colored labels indicating how outdated your dependencies are.
- Install, upgrade or uninstall any npm package.
- View all dependecies and their dependecy trees.
- Add or execute scripts from package.json, without touching terminal or package.json.