VS Code Slack extension
Send your messages and files to Slack without leaving VS Code. Works with the latest API. (Updated 6/15/2020)
How it works?
You can install this extension by pressing F1 in Visual Studio Code, then typing "ex install" and selecting it from the list.
Based on the latest updates on Slack API, you can no longer create legacy token to connect this extension to you Slack workspace. You need to create a new Slack App from https://api.slack.com/apps/ and add the following OAuth Scopes to "Bot Token":
You can then copy and paste the token into your VS Code settings file. The token should start with "xoxb-".
VS Code Configuration
Go to User Settings (File > Preferences > User Settings) and add the following
"slackVSCode.token": "<your slack app's token>",
"slackVSCode.defaultRecipient": "<channel or user name i.e. #general></channel>"
- Read above on how to get a token.
true for listing the slack channels
true for listing the slack groups
true for listing the slack members
true if you want to send files with full path
- String to exclude from the file full path i.e.
- The default recipient, to send the message directly without choosing from the drop down. i.e.
- Send messages to
- private groups
- Can send message:
- from selected code
- from user input
- @user, #channel supported (at the beginning of message)
- Autofill last used channel/user/group
- Upload files
- current open file
- enter file path manually
- selected text in open file
- Specify default recipient
- Limit channels/groups/members
- CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + M : Send new message
- CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + S : Send selection
- CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + U : Upload current file
Feedback / Bug report / feature request
This extension is not created by, affiliated with, or supported by Slack Technologies, Inc.