What's new in Numbered Bookmarks 6
- Adds Multi-root support
- Adds background color for bookmarked lines
- Adds gutter icon color for bookmarked lines (icon fill and number)
Numbered Bookmarks is an open source extension created for Visual Studio Code. While being free and open source, if you find it useful, please consider supporting it.
It helps you to navigate in your code, moving between important positions easily and quickly. No more nneed to search for code. All of this in in Delphi style.
Numbered Bookmarks: Toggle Bookmark _'number'_ Mark/unmark the current line with a numbered bookmark
Numbered Bookmarks: Jump to Bookmark _'number'_ Move the cursor to the numbered bookmark
Numbered Bookmarks: List List all bookmarks from the current file
Numbered Bookmarks: List from All Files List all bookmarks from the all files
Numbered Bookmarks: Clear remove all bookmarks from the current file
Numbered Bookmarks: Clear from All Files remove all bookmarks from the all files
Both Toggle and Jump to Bookmark commands are numbered from 0 to 9
The Numbered Bookmark 0 has been reactivated in PR #16, but because of this issue it has no keyboard shortcut defined. If sometime in the future these OS related limitation disappears, the shortcuts will be restored.
Manage your bookmarks
You can easily Mark/Unmark bookmarks on any line.
List all bookmarks from the current file and easily navigate to any one. It shows you the line contents and temporarily scroll to that line.
List from All Files
List all bookmarks from all files and easily navigate to any one. It shows you the line contents and temporarily scroll to that line.
- Bookmarks from the active file only shows the line number and its contents
- Bookmarks from other files in the project also shows the relative path and filename
- Bookmarks from files outside the project are denoted with
- Bookmarks are always saved between sessions, and you can decide if it should be saved in the Project, so you can add it to your Git/SVN repo and have it in all your machines (
false by default). Set to
true and it will save the bookmarks in
saveBookmarksBetweenSessions setting was replaced by this in version 0.8.0
- Per User Requests it is now possible to choose how Bookmarks Navigate Through All Files:
|default - same behavior as today
|you can't have the same numbered bookmark in different files
|you can have the same numbered bookmark in different files, and if you jump repeatedly to the same number, it will look on other files
- Choose the background color to use on a bookmarked line
- Choose the gutter icon fill color
- Choose the gutter icon number color
For any of the Color settings, you can use color names
rgb(0, 255, 37), RGBA
rgba(0, 255, 37, 0.2) or HEX
Project and Session Based
The bookmarks are saved per session for the project that you are using. You don't have to worry about closing files in Working Files. When you reopen the file, the bookmarks are restored.
It also works even if you only preview a file (simple click in TreeView). You can put bookmarks in any file and when you preview it again, the bookmarks will be there.
MIT © Alessandro Fragnani