Ably for Visual Studio Code
Use the Ably for VS Code extension to manage your Ably apps directly in VS Code.
The extension enables you to:
- List all apps in your Ably account.
- View API keys, queues and integration rules for each app.
- Copy API keys to your clipboard.
- Create an Ably app.
The only prerequisite is an Ably account which is free to sign-up.
After installing this extension, you need to provide your Ably account ID and Control API access token in VS Code Settings to get started.
- Admin access to the Ably account is required to create a Control API access token.
- The Control API access token requires the following permissions:
In case the extension does not work after providing the AccountID and Control API access token, please restart VSCode.
View Ably apps & details
Click on the Ably icon in the Activity Bar to view the apps in your Ably account. Apps will be listed in alphabetical order.
Expand an app to view the API keys, queues, rules and namespaces associated with it.
Use the copy to clipboard icon to copy an API key to the clipboard.
Create an Ably app
- Open the command palette (CMD+SHIFT+P) and choose
Ably: Create App.
- Enter a name for the app when prompted.
- Select whether to enforce TLS for connections or not.
- A new app will be created and appears in the list once the view has been automatically refreshed.
Issues & Features
If you find an issue 🪲 or have a feature request 🚀 please file them here.
Note that this extension is still in preview.
Want to help contributing to this project? Have a look at our contributing guide!