MongoDB 4GL Language
OpenDataDSL is a 4GL language that helps you make the most out of your MongoDB project.
Get started today using the FREE community version
Upgrade to the commercial version to get an Excel Add-in and Web Portal to manage and visualise your MongoDB data.
A Java JDK (at least version 11) needs to be installed and its location added to the path.
You can download a JDK from here
You also need to set your default MongoDB connection in File -> Preferences -> Settings -> Extensions -> ODSL Community Version
The default is mongodb://localhost:27017
What is OpenDataDSL?
OpenDataDSL has at its core, a simple programming language with data management as its specialist capability. It has specific constructs allowing you to:
- Create data models that mimic the real world
- Create relationships between your data objects
- Easily work with complex data types such as time-series, forward curves and events
- Collect data from anywhere on the internet
- Create transform maps to easily convert from one format to another
- Create Smart Curves and Timeseries
- Create Curves and Timeseries from Events
All Community Version features plus
- Use Python, .NET, R, MatLab, Java or NodeJS client SDK to interact with the Cloud Services and Data
- Free Excel Add-in to read/write your data
- Free Web Portal to manage your account and visualise your data
- Free VSCode ODSL language extension for editing scripts
- Integrate with many popular OpenSource and paid-for applications
- Unlimited users
- Utilise multiple environments in the cloud, e.g. DEV, TEST etc.
- Use your own IDP for authorization and access control (Azure AD)
All Standard Version features plus
- Create workflows to automate data processing and delivery
- Build derived and calculated data with our vast library of actions
- Machine Learning
- Build your own custom actions or extend ours to create your own personalised library
- Cloud scale infrastructure
Features of the VSCode extension
- ODSL file editing
- Syntax Highlighting
- Debugging and running OpenDataDSL (.odsl) scripts
- Hover over variables and commands for context information
- Snippets to help you write code