Visual Studio Code - Fauxpilot Client
Please be aware! For this extension to work you have to set up Fauxpilot server by @moyix
Copied from VSC extension guidelines
What's in the folder
- This folder contains all of the files necessary for your extension.
package.json - this is the manifest file in which you declare your extension and command.
- The sample plugin registers a command and defines its title and command name. With this information VS Code can show the command in the command palette. It doesn’t yet need to load the plugin.
src/extension.ts - this is the main file where you will provide the implementation of your command.
- The file exports one function,
activate, which is called the very first time your extension is activated (in this case by executing the command). Inside the
activate function we call
- We pass the function containing the implementation of the command as the second parameter to
- install the recommended extensions (amodio.tsl-problem-matcher and dbaeumer.vscode-eslint)
Get up and running straight away
F5 to open a new window with your extension loaded.
- Run your command from the command palette by pressing (
Cmd+Shift+P on Mac) and typing
- Set breakpoints in your code inside
src/extension.ts to debug your extension.
- Find output from your extension in the debug console.
- You can relaunch the extension from the debug toolbar after changing code in
- You can also reload (
Cmd+R on Mac) the VS Code window with your extension to load your changes.
Explore the API
- You can open the full set of our API when you open the file
- Open the debug viewlet (
Cmd+Shift+D on Mac) and from the launch configuration dropdown pick
F5 to run the tests in a new window with your extension loaded.
- See the output of the test result in the debug console.
- Make changes to
src/test/suite/extension.test.ts or create new test files inside the
- The provided test runner will only consider files matching the name pattern
- You can create folders inside the
test folder to structure your tests any way you want.
Inspired & used snippets from:
Client is build around Fauxpilot server