Flashpost VS Code extension
Flashpost VS Code extension enables you to develop and test your REST APIs directly from Visual Studio Code.
- Lightweight REST API Client for VS Code.
- Simple and Easy to use User Interface.
- Supports Collections and Environment variables.
- Import collections and variables from Postman, Thunder Client.
- Import and run curl requests.
- Easily setup your Environment variables from the response.
- Scriptless Testing: Test API response easily with GUI based interface and without any scripts.
- Local Storage: All collections and request data are stored locally on your device. You can also customize the location from Flashpost extension settings. The default path is $HOME/Documents/ folder.
💡 How to use ?
- Click the
Flashpost icon on the Activity Bar.
- On the Flashpost
Quick Access side bar, click the
New Request button to test the any API.
Importing / Creating New Collections
- Click on the icon next to filter collection to show collection related operations.
- Right click on folder or collection level and select "Run All" to test multiple requests.
- The collection runner will execute all requests and test cases and display the result.
- No need for boilerplate code like in Postman and other api clients to do basic testing. Flashpost has an easy GUI to implement the same kind of testing.
Code snippet generation is available for the following languages
- C# - Http Client, Rest Sharp
- Go - Native
- Java - AsyncHttp, Unirest, OkHttp, NetHttp
Open request view and click the [</>] icon to see the Code Tab
Set Environment Variables
Set Environment Variables from response, Headers and Cookies in Set Variables tab.
Flashpost Extension Settings
- Click on the icon on top right corner of side bar to open Flashpost extension settings.
- Customize your data storage path by changing "Custom Data Location" setting.
- New requests will be save in History tab. Number of history items to display can be controlled by modifying "History Limit" extension setting.
- Select the active environment by selecting "Set Active" menu option.